Systemwide Policies and Prodedures QuickGuides
Use of Photocopied Materials
of from Television
Recording from Television
- A Summary of the 1985 Policy for Off-Air Recording of Broadcast
Programming for Educational Purposes
- Recordings of copyrighted broadcast television programs can be used
in teaching and activities without obtaining permission of the copyright owner,
if use is consistent with UC policy requirements.
- If possible, instructional use of a recording should occur
during first 10 consecutive school days after the date of the recording.
- A recording of a broadcast can be used a maximum of twice per class during this ten day period.
- Only one recording of a broadcast television program can be made by or for the same instructor.
- A recording of a broadcast should be erased within 45 days after the date of recording.
- A recording of broadcast can be retained by the University for 45 consecutive calendar
days after the recording date for curriculum evaluation.
- A recording segment of an off-air broadcast should include copyright notice.
Go to the complete Policy:
Policy for Off-Air Recording of Broadcast Programming for